Saturday 28 March 2015

2) How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?





Fonts
I wanted all of my fonts on my products to be similar to give them a consistent look and add continuity between products and so they all combined effectively. I only really used two fonts in my products, both taken from Dafont.com. The font I used for the band name was one that had a somewhat classy and old fashioned look to it. I used this because I like the style of it and I think it stands out compared to the rest of the text. The other font I used was similar to the first one, but this time it had a scruffy handwritten look to it. I used this because I think it represents the genre well and its what you would expect to see from a band within the pop-punk genre. I used these fonts on both of the ancillary texts to make the combination of the products effective and make it easy for the consumer to link products together.

Colour schemes
The colour scheme I used in my products Is called 'The Architect'. I got this colour scheme from a website called Adobe kuler, and this has set colour schemes that are known to work well together, or it gives the user the option to create their own. I used this because it has all of the colours that were quite popular in my music video, such as different shades of blue, and orange. In the pictures I took, these colours are very dominant, because these are colours that represent the sea side, with the sun and the sea. I also find that these colours are very eye catching, which will draw the audience in to the products. Also the seaside colours used, are also used in the beach scenes and all of the sunny scenes in my video,, giving a clear relation between products, and this I think makes my products and effective combination.

Locations
I used a variety of locations throughout all of my products. In my video, I used locations such as the beach, my friends house, a recording studio, and down my friends street. All of these locations play a part in the relationship between the two characters. One of the most important one sis the beach, because this is where the relationship started, and it is where we see the couple staying together at the end. For this reason, I used beach shots the most often in my products because it links all of them together. It is really effective because people will recognize the location from the digipack and poster when they watch the video. The use of the same locations throughout all of the products makes them cohesive.

Cinematography
When filming my music video, I wanted a wide variety of camera angles and shot types. I used high/low angle shots, close ups, medium close ups, establishing shots, and medium shots as the main shot types. when producing the images for my ancillary texts, I wanted to continue using these types of shots in my products to add continuity and to make it more effective. In my images, I used close ups, medium shots, and location shots. This allows the consumer to make a clear connection between the products, making the combination of all my products very effective. I used a diverse type of shots because it makes the video and products more exciting and keeps the consumer entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment